Stella Matutina

"I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly, I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art." --Hippocrates, from the Hippocratic Oath. -This blog is dedicated to preserving the rights of all men to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness! WARNING: MAY CONTAIN GRAPHIC PHOTOS. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005


Guess what movie this picture is from. Its one of my favorites. However, it poses an interesting question. In one culture, it is customary for people to take their own lives with honor. In another culture, suicide is appropriately considered sinful and an act of despair. If someone from the latter culture aids someone from the former culture in taking his own life, then is she held accountable because of her knowledge of immorality in suicide? I would speculate yes. Because she was tought that suicide is wrong, (which it is: it is a sin against human dignity and against the Holy Spirit) she can not in right conscience aid another in committing that sin. Just something to ponder, or, rather something I pondered while watching this fantastic film. Figured it out yet? Post your guess as to what movie this is! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger Mukiruh said…

    The last samuri. I liked that movie too.

    @Mairead

    You..err.. saw the movie?

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Silent Rain Drops said…

    One of the Lord of the Rings movies, maybe the last? Are they Rohirrim riding through the woods? Just a guess......

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger orapronobis said…

    The correct answer, everyone, is The Last Samurai! It is the first battle scene where Algren is captured and taken as a hostage to Katsumoto's village.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home